MotionLab began with the simple idea to build a bicycle. What emerged was Europe’s first prototyping space for hardware in mobility. Today MotionLab is an innovation hub and home to over 50 startups and more than 300 community members. The vision is to make technical innovation accessible to everyone by creating inspiring environments and providing tailored tools to transport tech from idea to market. The technical infrastructure encompasses a comprehensive machine park with everything from 3D printing and laser-cutting equipment, to wood, metal, and textile workshops.
duties and responsibilities
MotionLab is seeking research support for its future mobility project, whose goal is to assess the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic on urban cycling infrastructure internationally.
- research the response of cities to the pandemic in terms of cycling policy and infrastructure
- create reports and fact sheets for the MotionLab team
- assess international urban locations as markets for MotionLab mobility solutions
skills and qualifications
- a passion for cycling
- excellent online research skills
- the desire to promote the transformation of cities through cycling mobility
- ability to work independently
- very good to near-native communications skills in German
what we have to offer
- the chance to learn more about urban mobility in an international context
- an opportunity to gain insight into an innovative start-up
- a small, friendly international team in a flat hierarchy
- contribute to urban sustainability and social change
duration of the placement
Placements to begin immediately. Duration flexible up to 3 months in consultation with the host organization.
If you are interested in this internship experience with futurGenerator Toronto – Berlin and have at least GER300 proficiency, send us a brief statement of interest and a copy of your university transcript (an unofficial copy is fine). Send your statement as an attachment (please name your files “2020 iPRAKTIKUM MotionLab future mobility – your last name, first name – statement/transcript) and include information about your level of German proficiency. Please use the subject line “2020 iPRAKTIKUM MotionLab future mobility application”.
We are accepting statements of interest until: 1 June 2020
If you have any accommodation needs, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will do our best to assist you.