MotionLab began with the simple idea to build a bicycle. What emerged was Europe’s first prototyping space for hardware in mobility. But MotionLab is not just about providing state-of-the-art infrastructure for start-ups – it’s about community, communication, and democratic access to innovation. That’s what is behind the DemocracyLab project. DemocracyLab is a forum for grassroots political dialogue beyond the political parties and economic interest groups.
duties and responsibilities
MotionLab is seeking research support for the development of DemocracyLab, a flexible, shared space for non-partisan dialogue about how democracy can be lived.
- research the non-partisan structures for dialogue about political issues
- reach out to organizations and influencers to build a network
- create reports and fact sheets for the MotionLab team
- help develop a working concept for DemocracyLab and put it into practice
skills and qualifications
- a passion for and belief in grassroots democratic processes
- outstanding communication skills
- excellent online research skills
- ability to work independently
- very good to near-native communications skills in German
what we have to offer
- the chance to learn more about democratic processes and fostering dialogue
- a small, friendly international team in a flat hierarchy
- contribute to promoting awareness about political issues and making change happen
duration of the placement
Placements to begin immediately. Duration flexible up to 3 months in consultation with the host organization.
If you are interested in this internship experience with futurGenerator Toronto – Berlin and have at least GER300 proficiency, send us a brief statement of interest and a copy of your university transcript (an unofficial copy is fine). Send your statement as an attachment (please name your files “2020 iPRAKTIKUM MotionLab DemocracyLab – your last name, first name – statement/transcript) and include information about your level of German proficiency. Please use the subject line “2020 iPRAKTIKUM MotionLab DemocracyLab application”.
We are accepting statements of interest until: 1 June 2020
If you have any accommodation needs, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will do our best to assist you.