Learning German? Ready for an exciting, global work experience while taking advantage of your German skills?
The iPRAKTIKUM team is accepting statements of interest for the summer 2020 edition of our Germany-based futurGenerator program, which focuses on sustainability and social innovation-oriented organizations and companies in a variety of fields, from environmental education, policy and practical conservation work to migration projects. We have hubs in Freiburg, one of Europe’s greenest cities, and Berlin, which was recently ranked Germany’s social innovation capital. Placements usually run for 10-12 weeks.
- Apply the skills you learn in the classroom in workplace situations
- Gain valuable experience in innovative companies and organizations
- Practice your German and develop global fluency
- Gain insight into international work culture and jump-start a future career
- Engage with local and global communities and make a difference
- Get course credit or a co-curricular citation on your U of T transcript
- We offer pre-placement advising, support while you are abroad and follow-up back at the U of T
*We are very pleased to be able to support your placement with a stipend to help cover some of your living expenses in Germany!*
If you are interested in an impactful experience with futurGenerator, please send us a brief statement of interest and a copy of your university transcript (an unofficial copy is fine). Send your statement as an attachment (please name your files “2020 iPRAKTIKUM – your last name, first name – statement/transcript) and include information about your level of German proficiency and what kind of placement you are looking for. Note that at this stage you are not applying directly to one of our partners. After we receive your materials, we’ll help you find a potential host and put your application together. Check our website to learn more about some of our partners and meet some past interns.
We are accepting applications until: 1 February 2020