Let’s make Cherry Dutch Baby!
I can’t explain the name and don’t actually want to think about it too much, but it’s seriously delish and a great way to kick off Reading Week!
Friday, February 12th 5-6:00.
Zoom link: https://utoronto.zoom.us/j/88585230290
You will need:
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1/3 cup brown sugar (white will work)
- 4 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup cream (10% or whatever you have)
- 3 tbsp butter
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 28 oz/800g jar red sour pitted cherries (in a light syrup; not pie filling)
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp allspice (optional)
- Either a skillet that can go from stovetop to oven (cast iron is perfect) or a skillet and an ovenproof pan.